The Clearinghouse on Women’s Issues (CWI) presents expert speakers on current topics which impact the lives of women, particularly public policies that affect women economically, educationally, medically and legally. We also cooperate and exchange information with other organizations that work to improve the status of women, nationally and internationally. CWI is a member of the National Council of Women’s Organizations.
The mission of the Clearinghouse on Women's Issues is to address economic, health, educational, social, political, and legal issues facing women and girls. CWI public forums are Washington, DC, networking events to raise awareness and to act as a catalyst to move women and girls towards greater equity. CWI addresses concerns of diverse women at the local, national and international levels.
Areas of Concern
- Elimination of bias and discrimination in all areas of society
- Protection of human and civil rights
- Legal rights and economic security
- Equality in the workplace
- Women and health Issues affecting low-income women
- Advancement of educational opportunities for women
- Women in politics
- Women and the media Global issues affecting women